Consumers and businesses inactive request to process in-person transactions. Luckily, determination are tools designed for contactless/touchless POS purchases to support the wellness of employees and customers.
6According to Mastercard, contactless payments jumped 40% successful Q1 2020, arsenic COVID-19 took clasp and consumers feared the transmission of germs connected currency and recognition cards. But customers aren't unsocial successful their fears; employees besides privation to beryllium amended protected.
Contactless oregon touchless point-of-sale (POS) systems and tools aren't new, nor are they specifically a effect to the COVID-19 pandemic. They existed earlier the pandemic, though since then, they've go a indispensable and imperishable fixture to trim transmission of germs and amended support worker and lawsuit health. With less radical funny successful conducting cash-based transactions, contactless/touchless systems are connected the rise. It's estimated that 63% of consumers would alternatively switch to a concern offering contactless outgo options. From Generation Zers and millennials to babe boomers, there's been a monolithic penchant toward touchless/contactless outgo processing; that makes it the aboriginal of payments.
Five contactless outgo tools
Today, astir 67% of US retailers are providing contactless payments, with the contactless outgo marketplace projected to astir triple successful worth globally by 2026. So which POS systems are retired determination to safeguard some employees and customers? There are many, including these five.
Clover Mini by Fiserv is an end-to-end contactless constituent of merchantability system. It is feature-rich and tin grip each of your concern outgo processing, inventory levels and worker schedules flexibly and wrong a compact design.
Key features of Clover Mini:
- Customizable to cater to immoderate concern
- Compatible with barcode scanners and different accessories
- Print, email oregon substance receipts
- Real-time concern reporting
- Wi-Fi oregon 4G LTE compatible
Pricing: Contact Clover for pricing.
Lightspeed is simply a cloud-based POS strategy that is focused connected simplifying outgo processing for retail, edifice and play vendors globally. It easy integrates with different systems to amended inventory and worker management.
Key features of Lightspeed:
- One-on-one support
- Inventory absorption software
- Multiple gross watercourse access, each successful 1 place
- Accessible from an iPad oregon mobile device
Pricing: Serving clients successful the United States and Canada, Lightspeed offers 4 outgo options: Lean astatine $69/month, Standard astatine $119/month, Advanced astatine $199/month and Enterprise (contact Lightspeed for a quote).
Square is an established POS system, launched successful 2009, with the extremity of helping merchants process payments in-person, online via desktop oregon by mobile device.
Key features of Square:
- No-code online store synchronization
- Processes Instagram and Facebook payments
- Integrates with lawsuit narration absorption (CRM) systems
- Customizable squad absorption and loyalty programs
- Built-in analytics
Pricing: Square hardware is escaped to use, with nary monthly fee. There's a processing complaint of 2.6% + 10 cents per tap, dip, oregon swipe.
Stripe offers businesses entree to omnichannel POS outgo options that alteration contactless checkout. Online and offline channels are unified, with developer tools, pre-certified paper readers and cloud-based hardware management.
Key features of Stripe:
- Single Stripe integration ensures each income tin beryllium recovered successful 1 place
- Simplified reporting and reconciliation
- Customizable in-store checkout and travel utilizing Stripe mobile and web apps
- In-person payments tin beryllium added to your level oregon marketplace
- Centralized fleet absorption tools
Pricing: Starter and customized pricing options are disposable opening astatine 2.7% + 5 cents per palmy complaint for astir cards and C$0.15 per transaction for Interac debit cards.
WePay, a JPMorgan Chase company, offers consolidated POS focused connected idiosyncratic experience, reducing overhead and expanding margins. It allows businesses to process in-person payments utilizing their paper scholar and is accessible connected iOS oregon Android devices.
Key features of WePay:
- Modern integrated omnichannel outgo processing
- Pre-certified paper readers and broad developer resources
- Granular power of terminal settings
- Flexible instrumentality monetization options
- Central absorption of a fleet of terminals and mobile paper readers
Pricing: Contact WePay for pricing.
What to see erstwhile choosing a contactless POS
Many halfway features whitethorn look the aforesaid erstwhile buying astir for a contactless POS. But it's ever a bully thought to see the differences betwixt your concern and your competitors. Consider immoderate of these questions:
- What bash I request to guarantee my concern transactions are accurately captured successful real-time?
- Does the caller POS integrate afloat with my different existing platforms and apps?
- Does the POS assistance turn my concern the mode I envision?
- Is it scalable and reliable?
- Will I get onboarded easily, and volition my unit get the enactment they request connected an ongoing basis?
- Will the POS safeguard my employees and customers adequately?